26 December 2008

Pre Christmas Blizzard = Snow Days for Us!

The week before Christmas was an interesting one over here... We were expecting snowstorms because the weatherpeople told us so...and the storm was about 8 hrs ahead of them. Ben's school closed before the storms even hit the area, and I only had to work 4 hrs (but drive home barely able to see anything because everthing was WHITE). Over the course of the weekend, we shoveled/snowblew out the driveway four times, with the last at 5am (sorry neighbors!) Monday am. Then I came back inside and found out that not only did Ben not have school, but I didn't have to go to work either! I actually wasn't upset about finding out after working on the driveway for over an hour, after all, if I'd waited to clear the drive then I would have had to work that day... :) The next two pictures are of the drive and walkways Christmas eve, when the snow had already melted several inches...

I think it's hard to judge amount from these pictures (blame the photographer-me), so the drifts on the sidewalk were over knee deep before I shoveled, and the drifts at the end of the drive (thanks to wind tunnel between the two houses and the city plow) were just about waist deep before I cleared some room. And I'm 5'5.5" Needless to say... we had an interesting weekend.

And this is the Thunderkitty on her christmas present, admiring the tree... or maybe deciding if she is going to join the kitten in chewing on it...
And here are our family stockings.. Can you guess which ones belong to whom?
And here's a full length of our tree. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out this year, although I had to use wooden ornaments along the bottom thanks to that darn kitten... :) They don't really go with the tree theme, but neither do broken shards of ornaments...so I guess I'll live with wooden ones!

No comments: